This week on Travel Tuesday…
Hello! This week on Travel Tuesday – How to Pro Travel we are meeting up with Tommie Mooney, owner of Being-Fit Fitness Center and Tommie Mooney.
A little bit about Tommie…
Tommie took over Being-Fit Fitness Center back in 2009. Due to running a local gym, Tommie was not able to reach as many people as she would have liked, so she started her blog, Tommie Mooney, about a year ago in 2014.
Now, as blog owner, Tommie is able to help clients all over the world develop heathy habits around food and exercise. Tommie’s approach to living healthfully is simple, yet not always easy – it’s the mindful approach. She works closely with a group of women to help them develop healthy habits around food aka how to eat what you want, but not go overboard. Tommie has had great success helping women gain control of their eating habits, and feel great about themselves.
Tommie’s approach to traveling…
Tommie’s approach to staying healthy while traveling is simple! Create healthy habits at home that become automated, and easily transferred to a work or pleasure traveling situations.
In this video we’ll cover:
- Simple tips for creating healthy habits around food that can be utilized while traveling
- Tommie’s favorite ways to stay active on the road
- Making the best of every situation by making smart dining choices: choosing healthy fats such as almonds over a candy bar or chips, choosing lean meats and veggies if available, etc.
And bonus…Tommie put a short travel workout together for us! This workout can be done anywhere, and you can modify it to fit the equipment available to you. All you need is a deck of cards.
Here’s the rules:
- Hearts = pushups
- Diamonds = hip bridges/single leg hip bridges
- Spades = side to side planks
- Clubs = jump squats/speed squats
- Draw a card and do as many reps of the assigned workout as the face value of the cards
- 1-10 = 1-10 reps
- Jack = 11 reps
- Queen = 12 reps
- King = 13 reps
- Ace = 14 reps
- Joker is wild
- Repeat drawing cards for a max of 30 minutes
Until next time,
P.S. Do you want to look good and feel great while traveling?? If so download my free packing guide for fitness success on the road!
Get my secret tips for…
- how to pack
- fitting in workouts
- eating healthy
- and much more!
Share this info!