At fitGevity we love our 41″ loop bands for so many reasons! One of the many reasons is the exercise below. Standing splits will help with toning and give you a full body stretch. Now with the added resistance from the 41″ loop band you will be able to strengthen your tush too. Can’t beat that!
- Start in forward fold.
- Place your hands on the ground as wide as your shoulders, and firmly anchor the fitGevity 41″ loop band to the ground. Keep a slight bend in your elbows.
- Place your left foot in the band.
- Pull your belly button into your spine and keep your core tight.
- Keep your left leg as straight as possible and point your left foot.
- Ensure that hips remain parallel to the floor, and knee caps point forward.
- Inhale; exhale as you raise your left leg into the air until you reach your catch point, or the point where your leg won’t go any higher and you can feel your glutes engage.
- Hold for at least 30 seconds.
- Slowly lower to the ground and switch legs.
- Variation: To increase the level of difficulty and incorporate seat work press your leg up once you reach the catch point. Engage your glutes; keep the motion small and move with purpose. Try repeating the motion 10 times before lowering.
[wysija_form id=”1″] Share this info!