Veggie Omelette Recipe
I’m not exactly sure why, but for some reason I thought omelettes were hard to make. Maybe it’s because when I try to flip my fried eggs they end up being scrambled? No idea. I do know that because of this, I shied away from from making omelettes. I remember the first time seeing Kyle make an omelette thinking “Man this guy is good. He looks like a professional!”.
I finally realized that making omelettes are actually really easy. Maybe I’m the only one in the world who thought that making an omelette was hard, but hey, I’m over it now!
I wanted to share this omelette recipe I made the other day. For me it was absolutely perfect! I wanted something hearty for breakfast, but was low on ingredients. I checked out the fridge and found a few eggs, a handful of mushrooms, a withered quarter of an onion, a few sadish looking cherry tomatoes, spinach and Parmesan cheese.
This combo ended up being perfect! It took me no time to chop up my ingredients (enough for two people), saute my veggies, and put the omelette together. Since I was only making breakfast for two, it took maybe 5 minutes to chop, 5-7 minutes to saute veggies, and 3-4 minutes to assemble each omelette.
The flavors in this omelette were perfect together! If you love eggs, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, spinach, and Parmesan cheese, then you will love this easy omelette recipe!
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 white onion
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Dice onions, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes
- Whisk 2 eggs in separate bowl
- Heat skillet on medium heat - add olive oil
- Add veggies to skillet - saute until onions are translucent
- Grate Parmesan cheese while veggies are cooking
- Take veggies off the heat and put aside
- Add just a bit more olive oil to the skillet to make sure the eggs don't stick
- Pour eggs into the skillet - make sure eggs cover entire bottom of the skillet
- Sprinkle pepper and sea salt on eggs (optional)
- Evenly distribute half of the cooked veggies on top of the eggs - before the eggs set
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of veggies
- Let omelette set and top with spinach
- Carefully loosen edges of omelette with spatula and fold in half
- Repeat for second omelette
- To speed the process up you can use two skillets to make the omelettes - just means more cleanup.
I hope you enjoy your healthy veggie omelette!
Until next time,
P.S. Let us know what you thought of the veggie omelette recipe on Facebook!