This Detox is The Bomb!
So I’m not usually a detox kind of gal. I think that this type of weight loss, cleanse, whatever you want to call it is a bit of a hoax.
I’ve read time and time again that detoxes don’t really work. Plus detoxes leave me feeling hangry by the end of day one, and the weight loss benefits disappear the minute I start eating food again.
So you can see why I was a little bit wary of starting my friend Teresa’s, owner of Eat, Drink and be Skinny, 3 day detox.
What swayed me, you ask….
Why I did Teresa’s 3 day detox
As you can imagine, it took a little convincing to get me to do the detox…I love my food and I don’t like it when we’re apart for too long.
BUT here’s what got me to try out Teresa’s 3 day detox:
- Teresa knows her stuff – she has a degree in nutrition and 17+ years in the weight loss field
- Teresa doesn’t usually go for detoxes either
- Teresa’s detox isn’t all about juicing and drinking water – she incorporates juices, soups, and protein shakes throughout the day to keep you satiated
- Teresa has always had positive experiences with her detox – she normally loses about five pounds and keeps two to three pounds off
- As much as I love solid food, I can give it up for three days in the name of science
So how did I do???
As far as detoxes go, this one was rather painless and was actually quite delicious!
I started the process by downloading the materials and planning out my protein shakes, juices, and soups for the next three days. (Luckily, Teresa provides you with everything you would need to be successful including a shopping list, recipes, and tracker!)
Next I headed to the grocery store and loaded up my cart with leafy greens and fruits…I think my cart was screaming, “Hey everyone! I’m doing a cleanse!!”, but I really didn’t care. #healthfreak
Then I got down to business. Each morning I started by making my juices for the day (more on this in the tips section below). Then went on with my day per the usual.
Since the program includes three protein shakes, three juices, and one bowl of soup, I actually had a hard time fitting them all in! But on the bright side I was not hungry in the slightest.
Overall, I found the process to be pleasant, and actually a welcomed break from cooking all day!
So, if you’re still reading, I’m guessing you’re dying to know how I did with detox!
Overall, the results were great! I did however have one weird weigh-in, but it ended up having no effect on my final results. I’m also not sure what caused the weird weigh-in, maybe too much water? Who knows. It’ll be interesting to see how it goes the next time I do this detox!
Here are my weigh-ins (done in the morning):
- Day 1 – 140 pounds exactly
- Day 2 – 138.2 pounds
- Day 3 – 142.1 pounds (see what I mean – weird!!!)
- Final weigh in the next morning 137.2 (that’s more like it!)
I must say that my final weigh-in was pretty exciting! First, since my weight shot up the second day, I was feeling a bit sad. Second, I haven’t seen 137 on the scale since I left for Thailand over a year ago!
Overall, I felt great. Doing this detox got me away from processed foods, was a great debloat, and set me back on the path of eating well. Plus after the detox I didn’t feel like eating junk anymore…it helped me break my processed food cycle that started around Christmas. Lastly, I felt like I had a bunch of energy and my skin started clearing up from the large quantities of fruits and veggies I was consuming.
After going through this 3 day detox once, I’ve learned some important lessons that I would like to share with you before you try out this detox too!
- Try making your juices in the evening – that way they’ll be ready for you in the morning and you get started right away! Not having juices ready in the morning ended up pushing my start time back in the day, and then I had a hard time fitting in all the of the shakes, juices, and soup.
- Make enough soup to last you for three days – you’ll get enough variety with the protein shakes and juices that you won’t mind eating the same flavor of soup. I made the sweet potato soup and it was amazing! The only changes I made were to add a bit of garlic powder and cayenne pepper for extra flavor.
- If you don’t work from home, and you aren’t afraid of getting weird looks from your coworkers, bring a Magic Bullet or another small blender to work in addition to a baggie full of your smoothie ingredients. This will ensure that you have delicious and fresh smoothies to drink all day!
I may have been converted with Teresa’s 3 day detox! I didn’t go hungry, had a variety of concoctions to drink, saved time on cooking, and lost a few pounds.
I suggest this detox for anyone who is looking to debloat a bit, or lose a few pounds. This works especially well for anyone who wants to slim down for a vacation, or slim down after a vacation for that matter!
Give it a try!! You have nothing to lose. Click here to try out Teresa’s 3 day detox for yourself!
And, as always, if you have any concerns, check with your doctor before trying out this 3 day detox.
Until next time,
P.S. Have any questions about this detox? Send me an email at kate [at] fitgevitysolutions [dot] com or comment below!
Photos were provided courtesy of Teresa Marie Wellness, except for my bathroom selfie of course 😉
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which I receive a portion of the sales. I will only ever suggest the best products to my readers, and by no means was my opinion of this product altered.
Share this info!