Learn, get bendy, win prizes!
Welcome to the 30 Day Stretching Challenge! Get ready to learn why regular stretching is important for everyone including YOU, what the 30 Day Stretching Challenge is all about, how to sign up for the 30 Day Stretching Challenge, and how to win prizes! Starts July 4th – registration link at the bottom of this post!
The benefits of regular stretching
Being flexible is no longer just for gymnasts and dancers. Flexibility is for everyone – runners, weight lifters, yoga junkies, and the list goes on and on.
David Geier, a spokesperson for the American Orthopaedic Societ for Sports Medicine, and former director of sports medicine at the Medical University of South Carolina says,”Flexibility is the third pillar of fitness, next to cardiovascular conditioning and strength training”.
Why is this? Well, for many reasons!
- Flexibility helps prevent sports related injuries, and everyday injuries such as tweaking your back when bending over quickly to pick something up.
- Stretching is a stress reducer.
- For the weight lifters out there, stretching can actually help increase your muscles mass. Stretching lengthens the muscles. Longer muscle fibers equal a larger potential muscle mass.
- A larger muscle mass will cause your metabolism to burn at a higher rate.
- As you age your muscles will naturally get shorter. Stretching helps to slow down this process which will keep you moving easily as you age.
- Stretching can help improve your blood circulation which can help prevent diseases such as diabetes.
- Stretching increases blood flow to the muscles which helps prevent soreness, and helps to speed up recovery for damaged muscles and joints.
- Plus more! (don’t want to give it all way…more goodies to come in the 30 Day Stretching Challenge email series).
“Flexibility is the third pillar of fitness, next to cardiovascular conditioning and strength training.” -David Geier
What to expect from the challenge
Starting July 4th – August 1st, you will receive a series of four emails outlining:
- The health benefits behind regular stretching.
- Tips for proper stretching and how to increase your flexibility faster than ever before.
- A complete list of stretches to help you reach your flexibility goals including the splits.
- Much more!
- A significant increase in your flexibility and performance while reducing your chance of injury while exercising.
- Longer and leaner looking muscles.
- A reduction in the appearance of cellulite.
- Lower stress levels.
This challenge is not meant to be a competition between fellow participants. Instead,this is a challenge between you, yourself, and well you.
- Follow fitGevity on Instagram. Follow here!
- Take pictures of you and your friends doing your favorite stretches.
- Include #fitgevitystretchingchallenge on all of your stretching pictures.
- Win – The two challengers who post the most stretching pictures with #fitgevitystretchingchallenge will win some awesome prizes including the chance to win a Lululemon gift card! If there are multiple challengers in your pics, make sure each challenger posts the picture to get credit.
- before and after pics
- pictures of you trying out the stretches we provide in the upcoming email series
- your favorite stretches
- any fun tricks you can do!
What if I only want the emails, and don’t want to participate in the challenge?
No problem! You are more than welcome to sign up to receive the email series complete with tracking sheet, tips, tricks, and pics. Even if you don’t want to participate in the challenge I suggest taking before and after pics of your favorite stretches for your personal reference.
So there you have it, the fitGevity stretching challenge!
I’m sorry, registration has closed Stay tuned for my stretching guide coming out soon!