How Coconut Oil Can Help You Pack Lighter
We’ve all encountered the following scenario:
- Yay! You’re leaving to spend 2 weeks in Cancun with your significant other.
- You pull our your moderately sized luggage and start filling it up with the essentials.
- Even though you are consciously trying to minimize the essentials, you realize that the suitcase is 3/4 full before packing clothes.
- Either you leave behind more than you would like, or you decide that it’s worth paying the extra $25 to check an extra bag.
Let’s face it, our best packing intentions usually end up looking like the above scenario. It’s a lose-lose situation. However, it’s not a completely hopeless situation! I started packing coconut oil to replace many items and have saved myself lots of frustration.
Fun Fact: Did you know that taking 2 tablespoons of coconut oil can help boost your metabolism? That means that coconut oil can actually help you keep weight off! –Body+Soul
10 Uses for Coconut Oil
- Use as a body and/or facial lotion. I use coconut oil on my face every night. It works well for acne management and never leaves my pores clogged! If you’re using coconut oil on your face in the morning, a little powder will get rid of the pesky shine.
- Coconut oil works extremely well as a makeup remover. It even takes off my hard to remove mascara and eye liner.
- If you’re into making coffee in your hotel room, use coconut oil as creamer when emulsified into coffee.
- Use as a natural SPF 4 sunscreen. Coconut oil also helps to increase sun tolerance and avoid burning.
- In contrast, if you’re already burnt, coconut oil can help heal sunburn.
- Leave your shaving cream at home and replace with coconut oil.
- While you’re shaving your legs with coconut oil you can also condition your hair with this multi purpose oil.
- Having issues with frizzy hair? Use a little coconut oil on your ends to help reduce fly aways.
- Rub coconut oil on your lips as a natural chap stick.
- No one likes to be sick while on vacation. If you’re feeling a scratch in your throat mix a tablespoon of coconut oil into warm tea to help sooth your sore throat.
There you have it. By taking coconut oil with you on vacation you have replaced shaving cream, conditioner, face lotion, body lotion, makeup remover, tanning oil, aloe vera, anti-frizz hair products and chap stick with one container. Now you have room for an extra bathing suit, 2 pairs of shoes, another dress, hair dryer and possibly extra space for little goodies you purchase while on vacation. You can’t beat that!
[wysija_form id=”1″] Share this info!